On your first time out, it's usually ok to wear your street friendly gear until you know you're going to commit to going to do more. On my first track day with Zoom Zoom last year, I just wore my street leathers and didn't buy a 1 piece suit or track boots. But this year, I plan to do more and will definitely be investing in a 1piece and boots.
Buying proper gloves is a good start. You need a little more protection on the track, with a stronger gauntlet, more reinforcement points and armor. It can be difficult to find women's track worthy gear, so I've put together a list of gloves for you to check out.
Dainese: Racing 2 Lady
- Constructed in cowhide,
- Composite steel and thermoplastic resin inserts on the knuckles
- Tightening strap
- Reinforced, padded leather palm.
- Fit designed for the female hand
- Elasticated insert
- Pre-curved fingers
- Perforation on the outer side.
Sizes: 6, 6.5, 7, 7.5, 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10, 11, 12 (6.5 is xtra small and the size I wear so you can imagine how small 6 is)
- Palm and back in highly abrasion-resistant sweat-resistant and colourfast kangaroo leather
- Unlined palm. Back and thumb fully padded with shock-absorbing SUPROTECT and 100% Kevlar®
- NEW: We have discovered that one of the most common injuries is dislocation of the little finger. This happens because the little finger is inadequately protected. To avoid this, we have given the little and ring fingers additional Kevlar® padding on the inside and outside
- Pre-formed, crumple-free palm
- Special flat seams reduce pressure points on the inner hand, and enhance feel
- GFK shells with 100% Kevlar® ceramic polymer matrix coating give perfect protection to the side of the hand and knuckles
- Side of hands and knuckles protected with highly abrasion-resistant stingray skin, (dasyatis bleekeri), a world first. This is underlaid with shock-absorbing gel, for unmatched impact protection.
- Protected Velcro straps on the cuff and wrist
- Visor wiper
Heroic: SP-R White
MSRP: $120- $300 (Todd/Heroic is clearing out the black and white SP-Rs, so you can currently get them in size 7 and 8 for $120)
Sizes: 7 - 16
- Full kangaroo skin carcass
- Exotic Stingray fish buckles, hand sliders, palm sliders
- GP Pinkie - finger protection during crash
- TPU Knuckles
- TPU Sliders
- HEROIC Articulated Fingers - Keeps fingers in Racecurl
- Kangaroo Thumb deflector - keeps hand buckle from getting damaged in wreck
- Fully stitched with Kevlar and bonded Nylon - ultimate threading
- HEROIC Logo with shock protection memory foam.
- Extra inch of gauntlet from predecessor
- TPU hard shell knuckle protection
- Dual composition palm slider
- PU injected finger knuckles
- EVA foam
- Schoeller-Keprotec at palms
- Aramide liner
RS Taichi: GP-WRX
Size: One size for women, XS
- RS TAICHI original molded carbon hard knuckle and finger protector with 6mm dual compound foam.
- Perforated leather used between finger for ventilation.
- Carbon slider with 6mm dual compound foam in palm to prevent hand from gripping when crash.
- 5mm foam padding on wrist for better protection.
- Aramid knit on knuckle to finger tip for maximum strength (inside of glove)
- Wrist closure with rubber molded protection.
- Additional leather layer on side of little finger for abrasion resistance.